The Meat Locker

The portal into the mind of the Gabemaster. Where his demons are running wild after breaking out of their cages.

Friday, February 16, 2007

  Yes, I'm A Howard Stern SUPERFAN!

About a year after I first came to the US, I was a curious 11 year old flipping channels on a late Saturday night. I come across this show on New York's channel 9 which had a whole bunch of hot chicks in thongs almost naked. It was The Howard Stern Show and my life was never the same. Since I didn't understand much of what was said I came to think that Howard was some sort of rock star. I had no idea this was the TV version of the greatest radio show that has ever existed, and arguably the greatest show in the history of entertainment. I watched it religiously, not only did it have hot chicks, they did really crazy fun stuff, like dropping bowling balls on parked cars from the rooftop of a building. Wholesome pre-teen fun! Yeaaah!

Then one Saturday night, The Show was no more. It was replaced by some bullshit cross breed imitation of Howard Stern and Cristina, called the Richard Bey show. Saturday night sucked once again, I thought Howard was gone forever. Four or five years flew by and once again I'm flipping channels on a late night and I find Howard on the E! channel. I noticed this show was taped while he was on the radio, and the next morning, I woke up and tuned to 92.3 FM in NYC.

It was unbelievable, I was laughing at the most miserable point of my day: the trip to school.
I've been waking up to Howard every morning, ever since then. A couple of years later his movie Private Parts came out. It only reinforced that I was a fan of the most revolutionary radio show in history, I was a fan of the True King of All Media. Whether my life has been going good or bad, in turmoil or not, one thing has remained constant, I start every day in a good happy mood thanks to The Howard Stern Show. Despite being the most fined broadcaster in history, and the government limiting freedom of speech more and more (thanks to a 40 year old tit of Janet Jackson) Howard kept delivering. But then he said Fuck the FCC and found the way to broadcast his show completely uncensored.

On December of 2005 Howard left terrestrial radio or what many of us call "old fashioned, boring, censored, testicular radio"and made the leap to a new medium starting a new revolution on Sirius Satellite Radio. I watched the whole thing live on yahoo and it was a celebration of Freedom. I agree with Howard when he said that "we are the last of a dying breed".
Sirius Satellite (and now Internet) Radio created the venue for that Revolution. Not only do you get UNCENSORED radio, but you get over 100 commercial free music stations. They made Howard one of the biggest paid entertainers in history (500 Million Dollars over 5 years). He deserves it. I made the switch to Sirius and I will NEVER go back to testicular, old, boring, radio.

On January 9th 2006, the Revolution began. The Howard Stern Show was finally 100% censorship free and freedom couldn't sound any sweeter. Yes, I am part of drying breed, a breed that helped bring a Revolution. Yes, I'm a Howard Stern Superfan.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home                                                               

                                                                               I don't listen to anything but
                                                          Sirius Satellite & Internet Radio...
                                                                   "The Best Radio on Radio " 
                                                 
                                                                                   

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

The best place to get Sirius stuff...

 For ALL your Sirius Needs

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter